21.8.12

sneak peak of passion flower makeup line!

As some may know and some may not know last Monday I went to Los Angeles for an opportunity to audition to be a freelance makeup artist for Aveda, I've been practicing and studying for this audition all summer and I can't believe it's already over! It was such a blast, I loved the class I was able to attend and all the fun people I met that were just entering the program like me and the ones that have been a part of the program for years. The audition was simple, full face of makeup using all Aveda makeup and a quick interview to learn about our backgrounds and where we wanted to go with Aveda. The truly inspiring and fun part was the 4 hour class I was invited back for after the auditions, this class was all about the new seasonal fall/winter makeup line Aveda is launching called Passion Flower.

I can honestly say that I love each new makeup collection a little more than the last one, Passion Flower has a perfect mix of neutrals and bright colors and shimmer and matte eyeshadows. Not to mention two brand new lip liners, 3 amazing lip sticks and 3 hydrating lip glazes. All of the colors in this line are extremely pigmented and of course still live up to Aveda standards by using plant derived ingredients and formulating all of their makeup without parabens, mineral oil and talc.
Here are swatches from the new Passion Flower eyeshadow and lip collections on my really tan arm and hand..
petal essence single eye colors:
brown velvet rose
callalily
bittersweet
green tuberose
night iris
cerulean bloom

lip collection:
lip liners in tarragona and foxglove
lip colors in rare orchid, snap dragon and wild fuchsia
lip glazes in gilded lotus, pearl rose and star dahlia.

I'll be doing a makeup event on September 15th at my salon, check facebook for more info!

xo.

No comments: