18.1.11

beauty tip of the day : eyelash extensions

BEFORE:

AFTER:







Personally I was very against eyelash extensions for a long time because I had only seen poorly done ones, but then I decided to get them from Lindy, she did such an amazing job and I can't even tell you how much I love them!

What are eyelash extensions? Eyelash extensions are synthetic eyelashes that are individually applied to each natural eyelash. They enhance the beauty of the natural eye and give the look of mascara. Eyelash extensions can be applied to look as natural or dramatic as you like. I was skeptical at first, wondering if they would look too fake or point in all different directions but they're fantastic! I love the feeling of getting up every morning and already look like I got ready, plus I do not miss the dark smudges under my eyes from my mascara at all.

The initial application can take anywhere from 1 -3 hours depending on how dramatic you want your lashes to look. It seems uncomfortable to sit an have someone poke at your eye for that long, but you keep your eyes closed the entire time, and a lot of people actually fall asleep during it. The initial set of eyelash extensions you get can last anywhere from 3-6 weeks, depending on the person who does them and if they are properly cared for. Really the best way to take care of them is don't wear mascara or curl your eyelashes (really you won't need it), try not to pick at them and make sure to brush them daily (most professionals who do eyelash extensions will give you a brush to take home).

You can still do anything you would do with normal eyelashes with eyelash extensions. However, for the first 24 hours you can't get them wet just to make sure the glue dries. After that you can work out, go swimming, wash your face and any other everyday activity that you would normally do!

So what happens if one falls out? Don't worry, that will happen and is completely normal. Your eyelash extensions will fall out just as your normal eyelashes do, you should schedule to get a fill every 3-6 weeks, however; it really depends on when you need it If you notice the eyelashes look sparse and not as full as you'd like it's probably time for a fill. Most eyelash fills last from 60 – 90 minutes, and when you leave you eyelashes will be nice and full again.

How should you find the right professional to do your extensions? Being in the cosmetology field I've seen my fair share of eyelash extensions, and let me just say you want to do your research. Make sure they use professional products, are licensed and ask for a portfolio of their work to make sure you'll get the best service possible! As I mentioned before I absolutely love the work Lindy does!

Price is something that varies from professional to professional, and can even depend on what state you live in. Most eyelash extensions range from $99 - $250 for the first initial set and from $30 - $60 for fills. I really wouldn't focus on the price so much though, focus more on their portfolio and reviews from their customers. If someone has happy customers that's the best advertisement they can get, and the best peace of mind you can have.

No comments: